Application Form and Checklist
YOU CAN APPLY ONLY VIA ONLINE APPLICATION.
Materials sent by postal mail, email or fax will NOT be considered unless indicated otherwise. In order for an applicant’s package to be considered complete and therefore eligible, the following documents are requested:
1. Completed RGPP Online Application Form 2020/2021 in English.
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Academic Records ( online version)
4. Motivation Letter
5. Identity Essay
6. Interest in Academic Fields Form ( at the bottom of this page)
7. Letter(s) of Recommendation
Details about each of the documents:
1. Completed RGPP Online Application Form 2020/21 in English.
- First, you must REGISTER for the ONLINE APPLICATION platform.
- Candidates who applied to CEU for 2019/20 or earlier, should use their existing login and password to start a new application. If you do not remember your password from last year click on Forgotten Password.
- Candidates should filter for “non-degree programs” and then select RGPP.
- There are no application fee charges for applying to RGPP.
- Please submit your application only when it is 100% final and complete. Applications cannot be edited after submission with the exception of certain fields that can be updated via the Applicant Portal.
- Candidates are asked to please always refer to the program websites for detailed guidelines.
- Applying to RGPP does NOT require providing a written proof of English language proficiency, therefore, to the following question in the online application: Do you qualify for exemption from providing proof of English proficiency? * please select “YES” and proceed to the next steps in the online application.
- With technical problems, bugs or errors related to the online application forms please contact the CEU IT Help Desk.
2. Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English, including academic background, work experience (if any) and involvement in Roma related issues (if any). In addition, the CV must clearly indicate your level of English (minimum B1). Please use the following criteria for assesing your level of English.
3. Academic Records
Your online application must include:
* Scanned copy or photocopy of BA diploma or certificate of enrollment confirming that you graduated or will graduate from university by July 2020 (if possible, with English translation, however, we accept the document in your national language at this stage of the application process).
* Scanned copy or photocopy of BA transcript showing courses taken and grades received during all the university years (if possible, with English translation, however, we accept the document in your national language at this stage of application process).
Please note that if your application is successful, you will have to provide an official English version/translation of your BA diploma and transcript PRIOR TO THE START OF YOUR RGPP STUDIES.
4. Motivation Letter in English (500 words) stating why you would like to participate in this program. The motivation letter should describe the academic and professional achievements, interests and plans for the future. It should also describe your involvement in Roma issues and specifically reflect on the ways in which you intend to serve as a role model for your community in the future.
5. Identity Essay in English (250 words) describing the factors you see as important for defining you as a Roma.
6. Interest in Academic Fields Form: Please use the attached form below to indicate which subjects you are interested in studying during RGPP and upload the form in the online application.
7. Letters of Recommendation assess your ability to conduct graduate-level work and potential for a successful academic or professional career. One mandatory Recommendation Letter via the Online Platform of CEU as well as optional - but strongly advised - Recommendation Letter(s) sent to us via email as it follows:
* One Recommendation Letter from a university professor who is familiar with your academic work is mandatory. As part of the official application package, this mandatory reference letter should be uploaded to the online platform. The letter should be in English, but if not possible it will also be accepted in the native or national language of the applicant. First, candidates will need to register the referee/recommender in the relevant section of the online application form. After applicants have submitted their final/completed application package (by clicking the "Submit" button), their recommender receives an automated reference request from CEU and s/he has maximum 7 days to complete and upload the reference letter.
* In addition to the first mandatory reference letter, candidates may attach optional second or third reference letters from a professor or an employer or a supervisor. It is strongly advised to submit at least one additional Recommendation Letter from a recognized Roma organization. This additional letter should be sent by the recommender not via the online CEU platform but to the following email address: RGPP_Enrollment@ceu.edu by April 15, 2020. Taken into account the current situation of COVID-19, submission of the reference letter from a Roma organization can be postponed The subject line should indicate: RGPP 2020/21 and the full name of the CEU applicant. The letter should be in English, but if not possible, it will also be accepted in the native or national language