Romani Studies Program is looking for a Program Coordinator
Call for Applications for Program Coordinator
The Romani Studies Program at Central European University invites applications for a Program Coordinator, reporting to the Senior Program Manager at the Romani Studies Program.
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Full or Part Time: Full-time (40 hours/week)
The Romani Studies Program (RSP) at CEU is an independent academic unit established in 2017 to engage scholars, policymakers, and activists in interdisciplinary knowledge production and debate on Roma identity and movement; antigypsyism; social justice and policymaking; gender politics; and structural inequality.
The Roma Graduate Preparation Program (RGPP), which belongs to RSP, is an intensive 10-month program that prepares outstanding Roma graduates with an interest in social sciences and humanities to compete for places on Master's-level courses at internationally recognized universities.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Planning and coordinating the student recruitment and selection process in close cooperation with the RGPP selection committee (organizing application files, facilitating and scheduling interviews)
- Arranging visas, dorm reservations, travel, and all other necessary arrangements for student arrival, orientation and departure
- Providing logistical and administrative support to RGPP students for the duration of the academic year
- Providing logistical and administrative support for student and alumni events
- Organizing conferences, workshops, training sessions and panel discussions
- Developing course schedules, including classroom bookings and equipment booking
- Communicating and liaising with relevant university departments and offices (Admissions, Dean of Students Office, Alumni Relations, etc.)
- Day-to-day management of general office-related duties (ordering office supplies, handling incoming mail, files, databases)
- Contributing to developing project proposals and to narrative and financial reports for the donors under the supervision of the Senior Program Manager
- Jointly with the Senior Program Manager, contributing to raising the visibility of the program in the target region
- Traveling in the target region for recruitment and program promotion
- Performing social media and website-related tasks, contributing to the program visibility locally and in the target region
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Reports to the Senior Program Manager
- University degree, preferably in social sciences or humanities
- Excellent knowledge of English and at least one Central or Eastern European language, knowledge of Romanes would be an advantage
- At least 1 year of experience in administrative and/or financial management
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Previous experience with event planning (e.g. conferences, workshops, panel discussions, summer schools, etc.) is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with close attention to details and administer long-term tasks independently
- Computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.);
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment
- Strong work ethic
- Knowledge of financial systems (e g SAP) is an advantage
- A calm, outgoing, stable personality, with a good sense of humor
- Alumni of the Romani Studies Program (RGPP/RELP) are strongly encouraged to apply
We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience as well as a dynamic and international academic environment. The initial contract is for a definite period of one year, with a possibility for renewal.
CEU is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply:
- a cover letter, directly explaining how your experience fits the responsibilities and expectations of this position
- a curriculum vitae including contact details of two referees.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to the chair of the Romani Studies Program, Iulius Rostas (e-mail: RostasI@ceu.edu).
Please send your complete application package to: firstname.lastname@example.org - including job code in subject line: 2018/064
Central European University (CEU) is a graduate research-intensive university specializing in the social sciences, humanities, law, public policy and management. It is located in Budapest, and accredited in the United States and Hungary. CEU’s mission is to promote academic excellence, state-of-the-art research, research-based teaching and learning and civic engagement, in order to contribute to the development of open societies in Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and other emerging democracies throughout the world. CEU offers both Master’s and doctoral programs, and enrolls more than 1,400 students from over 100 countries. The teaching staff consists of more than 180 resident faculty, from over 50 countries, and a large number of prominent visiting scholars from around the world. The language of instruction is English (www.ceu.edu)
For more information, please visit https://hro.ceu.edu/vacancies/program-coordinator-14