Internship at Council of Europe
Strasbourg, France (September 1, 2017 - August 31, 2018)
- European Commission against Racism and intolerance
- Contribution in drafting the briefing papers and reports on various countries, participating in contact visit to Moldova
- Preparing drafts programs for ECRI visits in different countries
- Contribution to the organization of the Conference on General Policy Recommendation no.2
- Receiving, reviewing and dispatching incoming correspondence particularly with civil society from various countries Intercultural Cities • Drafting reports on various Spanish cities
- Interpreting data and graphics Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- Representing the secretariat at the seminar“Being LGBTI and Roma: at the crossroads of discrimination”
- Contributing to the organization of the above-mentioned seminar
- Preparing the follow-up report of the seminar Other contributions: European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages. No Hate Speech and Cooperation Unit, Framework Convention for the protection of National Minorities
Skills and knowledge gained:
During this internship I have learned, first and foremost, what does it mean professionalism and commitment for defending human rights at its highest level. In a very warm and diverse environment, I have improved in both professional and personal level. For instance, professionally, I improved my abilities to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in a demanding environment by working with different units within the Anti-discrimination department. On a personal level, I confirmed my beliefs that kindness, tolerance, acceptance, professionalism, and commitments are the crucial qualities of a great leader.
How does the internship advance your future career?
Due to the internship and the tasks fulfilled, I manage to obtain a temporary contract in the Roma and Travellers team, more precisely in the JUSTROM project, which deals with the access to justice of Roma women. Being involved in such a project represents an achieved goal for me because this project fully corresponds to my expertize and field of interest.
Regarding my future plans, I am highly committed to further contribute to the work of Roma and travelers team of the Council of Europe. On the long run, I also take into consideration to further my studies by pursuing a Ph.D.