Internship at ERIAC
Berlin, Germany (August 1, 2018 - July 31, 2019)
- Conducting research on strategizing national collaboration of ERIAC and the Cultural Ministries in Europe;
- Supporting the institution-building and operations of ERIAC and, in particular, assist in expanding the Europe-wide network of Roma and non-Roma associate members of the Institute;
- Participating in maintaining relations with the partner institutions and with the major stakeholders;
- Supporting to fundraising activities of ERIAC by helping to develop grant proposals;
- Supporting in the organization of arts and culture events, such as exhibitions, discussions, symposiums, etc. of the extended ERIAC hub, by developing content, logistics and communications;
- Research of the contemporary Roma arts and culture scene across Europe;
- Contributing to the communication of the Institute.
What did you learn?
- Advanced collaboration and working in teams
- Improved my leadership skills
- Furthered written and spoken communication and negotiation skills
- Broadened project management abilities
- Fostered multitasking
- Enhanced organizational skills
- strategic thinking
- project management
- action planning
- facilitation, and delegation
- effective communication
How does the internship advance your future career?
The internship at ERIAC advances my carrier by furthering my knowledge, experience, networking, etc. Therefore, my plans are to continue working in Roma minority-related organizations promoting Roma Arts and Culture, rights and policy provisions.